Monday, January 28, 2008

Taking too long...

So, I think the thing with these blogs is that people either update them everyday, perhaps even multiple times a day, or once a month - which is the case with us. But, here we are at the end of January and you all deserve to see how much Rose has grown. All this growing should wear off in a few years - at least that's what the doctors say.

I just put a new link of pictures down at the bottom of this page - After Christmas. I'm also loading some video and should have those shortly for you all to see her talking and runner her "marathons."

We took a long trip after Christmas downstate to see family, and then Pete took a seminary class during the second seek of January and I stayed with my mom. That's where the new favorite picture comes from - absolutely adorable. Although my mom got a little sick while we were there, it meant that she was able to hold Rose a lot more and we all had a great week. My best friend Bethany had a daughter at the beginning of December, Eliah, and we were able to all hang out together as well. I'll get some of those fun pics up soon.

With just one child and me being home all the time I'm finding more available time than I originally though I'd have. So I've been leading a women's bible study and doing lots of crafts for the six upcoming weddings this summer. I figure that while I've got the time, I should do all the crafts that I need for the next five years or so before I get the chance again.

We watched A Beautiful Mind last night (we've seen it many times before). The scene that I always had a hard time with was where Nash puts his baby in the tub and then leaves the filling to one of his imaginary people. Eventually his wife runs in and saves the baby before it drowns. I could hardly watch that part. I checked in on Rose after it because all I could think about was it happening to her. Before we went to bed I told Pete never to go crazy (he did mention that he was a math major in college). Scary. I believe that God blesses those that love Him - not that the rain doesn't come down on us all - but we're in His hands and that's where I lay my comfort and hope.

God Bless you all,
Pete and Leah and Rose

No comments: