
As I write this Rosemary is being "bounced: in her bouncer by Pete so that she doesn't cry - which has become her nighttime habit between about 9ish to 1ish. Needless to say, our schedule of sleeping has moved forward a few hours past most folks.
People keep saying that she's growing so fast, but I think that when you see someone everyday you have a harder time distinguishing how they change. Her face is chubbier, and so are her thighs; but I suppose that she's got to gain weight sometime in her life. She can't stay 10lbs. forever. She'll get her official weigh-in at her 2 month check up in a week.
I called my mom (Rose Sr.) a few weeks ago and said these words, "What was I thinking?!? What made me think I was able to or good enough to raise up another human being? You've got to have a huge ego to think that you're worthy to do this." She laughed and said she went through that, too. I'm more convinced than ever that God designed everything with a purpose. Take pregnancy: when you're still getting used to things you haven't really gained weight or are "showing;" once you're more used to it people begin to notice and you're ok with that; then when you're ready for it all to be over - it is!
So, with raising a child: you're overwhelmed with joy at the birth of your beautiful child, it's great and you get little sleep but hardly notice between camera shutters, then before you know it it's too late to give it back and you're just now realizing the gravity of your decisions the past 10 months. God knows how to keep the earth populated...
God Bless you all like He has blessed us,
Leah
1 comment:
Oh Leah you are a great mom, and will continue to be a great mom. You are such a caring person. It can be overwhelming at times but especially as she gets older, you will get rewarded by the things that she does in return. You love her and she will grow to be a great woman of God as well. I am always here if you need anything, even if it is 3 am :)
Post a Comment